AAPI-QLI RESEARCH COMPETITION
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS OF INDIAN ORIGIN of QUEENS and LONG ISLAND
Fourth New York State-Wide Research Competition
In our continued effort to expand and broaden the scope, AAPIQLI, under the leadership of current President Dr. Abhay Malhotra and Chair BOT Dr. Rakesh Dua, is pleased to announce the Fourth New York State-Wide Research Competition for the year 2021.
This initiative continues the long-standing tradition of AAPQLI supporting research activities. Monetary awards will be given to the TOP FIVE submissions and a certificate of recognition to all the participants. Cash awards will also be given to finalists as well. Competition is open to:
- High School, College, Medical students, Residents, and Fellows of Indian Origin.
- Research associates, Scientists, Hospital and Healthcare management students of Indian Origin.
All participants are encouraged to submit their scholarly work developed, presented, or published in the last 24 months. Works previously submitted may be re-submitted if the work has been significantly improved in the past 12 months. To be eligible for the awards, you must be identified as the major contributor to the scholarly work performed during your School/College/Residency/Fellowship years.
The award selection process will be administered by a committee of INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED JUDGES AS PER THE PROCESS BELOW. The scholarly projects chosen will be presented on Nov 14 2021 at AAPIQLI Research day. Applicants should e-mail their one-page abstract or summary in a word file as an attachment to Dr. Arunabh Talwar Arunabh@northwell.edu. Please also provide the details of where your work has been presented or published.
The deadline for submission is October 15, 2021. Any questions, please contact myself, Dr. Parag Mehta email@example.com, Dr. Tarun Wasil firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Abhay Malhotra email@example.com
The goal of the Competition is to help promote the scholarly activity of High School and College students as well as physicians in training at all levels (residents and fellows) and award them with incentives to continue their Research.
Please help us to disseminate information about this Competition to all eligible students/residents and fellows in your institution.
Rules and Regulations
- Candidates have to be of Indian origin.
- There is no fee for submission.
- Abstracts should be limited to 450 words only, exceeding the limit will be considered as disqualified. Each abstract must have Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
- Students must submit a PowerPoint presentation of their work as well. the entire presentation should not be more than 10 slides.
- Entries to be submitted by October 15, 2021.
- A maximum of two entries per candidate would be allowed to compete.
- Strict guidelines as summated below will be followed, without any exceptions.
- The selection process is free of all biases and will be done by independent evaluators.
It is expected that the presenting author should have made significant contributions to the project.
Timeline of Events
- Last date for submission – Oct 15. 2021.
- An initial review by Committee Members by Oct 30, 2021.
- Intimation to finalist for submission for Posters – Nov 5, 2021.
- Presentation of posters at APPIQLI meeting on Nov 14, 2021.
- Judges to evaluate each participant for oral presentation, questions, and answers on-site.
- The presenter has to present their work via zoom meeting. In case the participant is not able present their work, he or she will not be considered for the award.
Awards & Certificates of participation will be presented at the AAPIQLI annual CME meeting. First FIVE Finalists will be recognized at the Annual Gala and will be given complimentary passes to attend the AAPIQLI Annual Gala. GUIDELINES FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
- Scientific Abstracts: Your scientific abstract must contain:
- A descriptive title, list of authors and institutions;
- An introduction/rationale to the study;
- Methods used;
- Results of the study including new data not previously published or presented at a major National or International meeting;
- Conclusions of the study. It is not satisfactory to state: “The results will be discussed.”
- Abstracts reporting results of meta-analyses and systematic reviews will also be considered.
ALL ABSTRACTS NOT MEETING THESE MINIMUM CRITERIA WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. It is recommended that the abstract content be organized with the following headings: RATIONALE/BACKGROUND, METHODS, RESULTS, AND CONCLUSIONS
The Research Paper Competition shall be conducted under five categories
- Clinical Sciences and Patient Based Research
- Basic Science/Translational Research
- Innovations in Healthcare
- Hospital and Healthcare Management
- Alternative and integrative medicine.
Interesting and unique case reports will be considered for presentation. Each abstract should describe only a single case report. Case report abstracts must contain the following four components:
- A descriptive title, list of authors and institutions;
- An introduction
- A description of the actual case report
- A discussion of the novelty and importance of the specific case
The total word count of an abstract may not exceed 450 words. Note: The 450 words count is for the abstract body (title, authors’ information, institutions, tables, images, and spaces between words will not count towards the 450 words count).
The Presenting authors of accepted abstracts will be expected to present their work at the AAPIQLI meeting on November 14, 2021.
- Start: October 15th @ 12:00 am
- End: November 14th @ 11:30 pm
- Website: https://aapiqli.org/
- Name:Dr. Abhay Malhotra